Surname Forename Entry Number
ORLANDO Ratogero 65
ORLANDO Mantano 166
ORLANDO Giovanni 172
ORLANDO Calogera 234
The articles listed here are written and copyrighted to the authors. They are in the public domain and are provided within the study for archive purposes.
- mapDamage2.0: fast approximate Bayesian estimates of ancient DNA damage parameters, Bioinformatics (Online), vol 29, no. 13, pp. 1682-4 – Published 2011
- True single-molecule DNA sequencing of a Pleistocene horse bone, ‘ Genome Research , vol 21, pp. 1705-1719 – Published 2011
- Ligation Bias in Illumina Next-Generation DNA Libraries, PLoS One, Vol 8 Issue 10 – Published 2013
- Mitochondrial phylogenomics of modern and ancient equids, PLoS One – Vol 8 Issue 2 – Published 2013
- Reconstructing genome evolution in historic samples of the Irish potato famine, Nature Communications, Published 2013
Professor Ludovic Orlando is based at the University of Copenhagen. During 2013 I had the opportunity to listen and archive three recordings made by the Professor.
- Ancient horse DNA – Recovering DNA frozen in permafrost 700,000 years ago Recording is 5 minutes long. Listen HERE – Copyright BBC
- Listen to Nature – 27th June 2013 – 5 minutes long. Listen HERE and there is a transcript of the interview HERE – Copyright BBC
- Digging out the deep evolutionary past of equids: toward really ancient genomes. This was a presentation given by Professor Orlando at the Ancient DNA:The First Three Decades conference at The Royal Society on 18th & 19th November 2013. Listen HERE – Copyright Professor Orlando & The Royal Society
Copyright belongs to the Individuals & Organisations indicated. These are shared with you and added to the study for archive purposes.
Extractions from the indexes is a work in progress – UK Probate & Wills
Marriages for Westchester County, New York State Marriages 1910 – 1929
This data set extraction is very much a work in progress
Winconsin Births, Marriages & Deaths
Notre Dame des Neiges Cemetery, Montreal, Quebec – Burials 1918 – 2011
The GRO (General Registration Office) indexes for England and Wales began in 1837 and are divided into quarters:
- Q1 – Jan to March events
- Q2 – April to June events
- Q3 – July to September events
- Q4 – October to December events
There is a small degree of latitude because events that occur at the end of the month could in fact be recorded in the following quarter.
Access the Orlando extractions
Extractions from San Cataldo, Caltanissetta Region – Sicily. Currently these are for the following time spans:
- Marriages – 1866 – 1875
- Deaths – 1866 – 1895